We offer ABA Therapy for everyone and anyone from any age group. We offer to those with a referral and a diagnosis in Autism. Our lead Board Certified Behavior Analyst is George Pate, you can learn more about him on our "Meet Our Staff" page.
ABA Therapy helps your loved ones thrive and change their behaviors to better help them for real world situations.
What is Applied Behavior Analysis?
Applied Behavior Analysis also known as ABA Therapy or Behavioral Modification is a therapy based on the science of learning and behavior. It is a type of therapy that can improve social, communication, and learning skills through positive reinforcement.
ABA therapy programs can help:
- Increase language and communication skills
- Improve attention, focus, social skills, memory, and academics
- Decrease problem behaviors
The methods of behavior analysis have been used and studied for decades. They have helped many kinds of learners gain different skills – from healthier lifestyles to learning a new language. Therapists have used ABA to help children with autism and related developmental disorders since the 1960s.
How does ABA therapy work?
Applied Behavior Analysis involves many techniques for understanding and changing behavior. ABA is a flexible treatment:
- Can be adapted to meet the needs of each unique person
- Provided in many different locations – at home, at school, and in the community
- Teaches skills that are useful in everyday life
- Can involve one-to-one teaching or group instruction
Our Main Goals
Our main goal is to help those who need it. What are some more goals for children with Autism though?
- For them to show more interest in their world around them
- Learn to ask for things rather than demand for items
- Have better focus at home and at school
- Have fewer meltdowns
- Have better days
What Does an ABA Program Involve?
ABA programs for autism are not "one size fits all." ABA should not be viewed as a canned set of drills. Rather, each program is written to meet the needs of the individual learner.
The goal of any ABA program is to help each person work on skills that will help them become more independent and successful in the short term as well as in the future.
ABA is effective for people of all ages. It can be used from early childhood through adulthood!